Unlocking 1Password in Android Chrome still doesn't unlock the main app

Martok
Martok
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for some time now and find it really useful on both desktop (Mac) and mobile (Android). However, one aspect of the behaviour on Android is different and this can be frustrating at times.

On the Mac, unlocking 1Password either in the main app, the Chrome extension or the Mini app means that all of them are then unlocked. I can easily switch from one to the other with no issues.

On Android, that behaviour is different. If I unlock the main app, it also unlocks it in the browser. That's great. However, if I do it the other way around and unlock it in Android Chrome first, it doesn't unlock the main app, nor does it sync.

This behaviour can be frustrating at times. One example of this is when I have added new login details to 1Password on my Mac and later on try to log into the website using these details on my Android device - 1Password cannot find the login details as unlocking first in the browser doesn't sync. I then have to go to the main app, unlock that to get it to sync and then go back to the browser. So I've had to unlock 1Password twice. Another example is when visiting a website that requires the OTP code only (ie it's the 30 day reminder) but doesn't require the login. I may have just used 1Password in the browser to log into another website but with this new website that only needs the OTP code there's no easy way as far as I can see to get just that in the browser so I have to go to the main app for this and I have to unlock it even though I've already unlocked 1Password in the browser.

So, why does 1Password on Android behave like this? Is there any way in the future that this can be changed to make the behaviour more consistent with the desktop version?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Hi @Martok. Thanks for reaching out!

In the latest update, we have indeed added support for sync from the Autofill and accessibility interfaces. So if you're signing into an app or site and unlock via the 'Autofill with 1Password prompt' 1Password will pull your latest changes so that you don't need to unlock the main app.

The locking issue you mentioned is a known issue. I'll report your feedback on this to our development team, so they can look into it for the future.

This discussion has been closed.