Has anyone got the copy password to app working with Screenconnect?

Options

The ability to use copy password and send to open apps, where the most recently used app is at the top of the list seems to be a godsend.
I have found that you can't send the password to an app that was launched as administrator unless you also launch 1password as administrator (which makes sense).

However, I'd love to be able to send passwords to screenconnect sessions but this doesn't work whether I am running 1password as an administrator or not.

Has anyone else got this to work or got any suggestions for me?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:screenconnect

Comments

• Hey, @helsby! Just so happens I know you've been discussing this issue with my teammate Jacob since he and I discussed this a bit, so to avoid too much repetition with what he's already shared, Type in Window is currently a bit limited. There are certain windows it can't access, even though it knows they're there, for example. Given ScreenConnect looks like a means of accessing another PC remotely, it's possible it wouldn't even be able to see the exact window in that session. It can see ScreenConnect itself, but there aren't any fillable fields in ScreenConnect and it doesn't know there's another window within ScreenConnect with fillable fields. Now if the PC you're viewing via ScreenConnect itself had 1Password installed, that might be a different story, but I don't believe there would be any way to send passwords from 1Password on your PC to what amounts to another PC on the other side of a ScreenConnect session. Generally, these sessions are protected in such a way that you can't send much data from one PC to other. Instead, you need to access that data on the PC you're connected to in order to use it there. This done for security reasons and ultimately a good thing.

Depending on the purpose of these remote sessions and who you're working with during them, it may make sense to have 1Password on the PCs you're connecting to so you're able to utilize your data there, but you're in the best position to know if that's a practical solution. Obviously, you shouldn't be sharing passwords with anyone who isn't explicitly meant to have access to them and won't want to allow access to your 1Password data on a device you don't control. If you are accessing your teammates' computers, on the other hand, it would make total sense to share passwords for accounts you all use and have 1Password installed on everyone's PC so each of you can access that data when it's needed, both during ScreenConnect sessions and otherwise. Depending on your use-case for accessing data during ScreenConnect sessions, you might take a look at 1Password Business and see if the option to share might help you work more efficiently. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.