Where is the button to see an element history?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hello

I can't find the button by which I will be able to see an element history in the 1Password application for MAC.

But at the same moment I can find it on the web application.

Is it a bug or it's just a feature to show me a history of elements only on the web?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

up

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

up

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crabovwik - thanks for the question. First, a bit of housecleaning: "bumping" a thread in our forum isn't really effective, because we answer our forum threads from oldest to newest. So, when you "bump" or "up" one of them, while you are indeed pushing it to the top of the visible post which is ordered newest-first, all you're really doing in practice is ensuring it will take longer to get to your question/post than it would have otherwise. Just some strategy for the future. :)

To answer your question, yes, individual item history is only available in the 1password.com web app, currently. Password history has always been available in 1Password for Mac (well, for quite a long time, anyway), but individual item history is only possible for 1password.com accounts, and as of yet hasn't made it into the individual 1Password apps. It's something we can consider for the future (have considered, in fact!), but there's a bit more to do doing that securely than it might appear. Hope that's helpful! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

Thank you for the very informative and detailed answer.

Have a good day :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crabovwik!

On behalf of Lars, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear he was able to clarify things for you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.