To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cant login to my.1password.com

Options
SweetGenius
SweetGenius
Community Member

Created a new families membership. Had issues importing existing vaults. Installed mac app 7.2.5. Sill no luck. Logged out of my.1password.com and now can't log back in. I am certain my Master password is correct. The support articles said to use the same password as the existing vault. The website requires a 10 digit password where my vault only was 7. There is no data on the website as I did not get the vaults to import.

What are my options as I cannot login in to the website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SweetGenius: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, 1Password membership subscription accounts require a Master Password consist of at least 10 characters, so you will not have been able to sign up for one without meeting that requirement.

To be clear, the 7-character Master Password, while very weak, will work to unlock the local vault in the standalone app on your device if you've set it up that way, but that won't work for any 1Password account.

Have you signed up for a 1Password membership at this point, or are you attempting to sign in without even having an account (which won't work)?

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member
    Options

I have signed up with a membership, downloaded the emergency kit and was trying to import my data from a standalone Mac app. The password I signed up with and confirmed at setup does not work on the website after I logged out and try to log back in. I’m using the correct info from the emergency kit.

• SweetGenius
    SweetGenius
    Community Member
    Options

I got in to the account. I was typing the wrong password from what i wrote down. I happened to enter the correct password.
    Sorry for wasting you time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not a waste of time at all! While we couldn't have known the solution to that particular problem, this is what we're here for. Just glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.