Trouble with one family memeber, keep getting "Check Your Email and Secret Key" message

satkin34
satkin34
Community Member

I'm moving my family to 1Password for Families, and so far everything has gone well. I've now gotten to the point of setting up my Mum's iPad (iPad (4th generation), running iOS 10.3.3). When I try signing in to the 1Password app, it returns the message "Check Your Email and Secret Key".

I've tried both scanning in the QR code from her Emergency Kit, and putting in the information manually, but no matter how I do it I'm unable to progress from this point.

I'm at a loss on how to progress from here, so any help I can get would be greatly received.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• alzoo
    alzoo
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Hi,
    I've been informed by support that there is a bug with 1password 6.9 on ios 10.3, you'll need to update your IOS to 12 and then you can update to v 7 of the app. I had the same problem on my iphone.

I'm guessing though, you can't update the ipad so unfortunately you'll just have to wait until they fix the bug.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @satkin34! Welcome to the forum!

Just to make sure we have all the necessary information: is that the only device where you were not able to login?
    Were you able to login successfully on all other devices?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Unfortunately it isn't a bug, but just that we've made changes to the server since 1Password 6 was discontinued in 2017. 1Password 6 will not be updated, so it would be best to update iOS (especially since you're lacking important security fixes otherwise) and get the latest version of 1Password. We're looking for ways to work around it on our end if we can, but that isn't a sure thing. The only sure thing is that it's best to keep devices up to date for a number of reasons, unless you're not going to connect them to the internet at all -- and a 1Password membership includes all 1Password updates at least.

• satkin34
    satkin34
    Community Member

Thank you all for your responses. Her iPad is no longer support by new iOS versions, so it’s on the latest version it can be on. So it sounds like there’s not much that can be done for her. I’ve had it working for her previously, so I’ll just have to use the old form of syncing for her, instead of the family plan.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for following up. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you at this point, but if you need help setting anything up let me know. I have some experience with that. ;)

This discussion has been closed.