Mojave, clean install, 1 Password data

Options
Pat_Lipka
Pat_Lipka
Community Member

Greetings! Have tried to migrate my Mac to Mojave and have had issues. May need to do a clean install and then add apps back like 1Password. Assume one could download the app. Concern is the data associated with my 1Password and reloading it back on the Mac. I have both an iCloud and Dropbox account. Do i need to move a copy of the database there, is it stored elsewhere, etc.? What steps do i need when I try this, again?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mojave clean install and 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Pat_Lipka! Sorry to hear about the trouble, even though it doesn't sound as if it's 1Password-related. If you have a 1password.com account and that's all you're using in 1Password for Mac, then you don't have to do anything at all -- you can wipe everything 100% clean (if you wish) and reformat your hard drive. When you reinstall macOS and 1Password, just sign into your account the first time you run 1Password, and you'll be all set. Of course, make absolutely sure you have your Emergency Kit (or at least have all your sign-in credentials (email address you used to sign up, Master Password, Secret Key). But other than that, it should be quite simple.

If you're using local/standalone vaults, it's a different story. You said you have both iCloud and Dropbox -- but are you using either (or both) of those as your sync method for your 1Password data?

This discussion has been closed.