URL matching [domain is matched, but subdomain results shown at the top]

Options

Comments

• redbull666
    redbull666
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I am actually on Windows, but this is the best-matching forum topic I can find...

I am on version 1.14.1, Firefox. I still experience this issue. Whenever I try to login to "sub1.mydomain.net", I get to see a full list of all logins I have for subdomains on "mydomain.net", and the one I need is not even sorted to the top.

Did this get fixed for sure? I tested in Chrome, same result. The subdomain logins are sorted by alphabet, not best match on top!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@redbull666: The discussion is specific to the 1Password for Mac desktop app/extension and completely unrelated to 1Password X (or Windows), so I'll split you off into a new thread in the 1Password X category.

1Password should and does show you all logins matching the current domain, and also put those matching the subdomain at the top. So you should get the result you want by saving the correct URL in that login, matching the place you want to use it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• redbull666
    redbull666
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the move. I am glad to hear what you describe as intended behaviour, however this is not what I am seeing on any of my subdomains. For example (but it's the same on each one, both in FF and Chrome):

Am I doing something wrong?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @redbull666,

It looks like the missing protocol in the stored URL causes this. Can you try updating the website field so that it contains at least https://. I would actually recommend the full URL for the sign-in form though as that way you can also use open-and-fill if you ever desire.

• redbull666
    redbull666
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables oh wow, that is the solution, thanks so much!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.