1password extension opened url in different browser

Options

Yesterday, with both Firefox and Chrome browser open (both with 1pass extension) I experienced weird things. First I was in Chrome and trying to open a url with
1. ctrl+\
2. filtering
3. the clicking
4. Nothing would happen - even tried a few times and double clicking

I think I then cleared the browser cache and was trying the same steps again, but when I got it to open, it opened it in a new tab in Firefox instead of Chrome. Whaaaaat????

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17134
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple browser

Comments

• That sounds like 1Password wasn't certain which browser was actively focused at the time. When you press Ctrl + \, mini will be summoned, but which browser it sends messages to will depend on which browser was reported to be actively focused at the time. Windows tells us which browser that is and it's generally pretty reliable, but it's not perfect by any means. Any chance Firefox is your default browser? To me, this sounds like possibly 1Password believed you were accessing mini from your system tray and it was opening the URL in your default browser as a result. I can't quite reproduce this myself, but I can see your browser having lost focus as you cleared the cache and, if that were the case, the call to open that URL would have gone to your default browser.

• dhatch
    dhatch
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that makes sense. Yes, my default is Firefox. I guess I'll see if I can reproduce it myself.

The more frequent issue is that a single click seems to not work with extension. I think you guys are already working on that though.

• That's actually fixed in beta, @dhatch. You can give it a try, if you'd like:

https://support.1password.com/betas/

Or, of course, just hang tight and that fix will be in the next stable update. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.