Autofill web form without domain

Options

I have a Windows account for work that I need to specify a domain some places but some internal websites I can't specify the domain when I log in. Does 1Password have a way to customize the username specified for those sites? I see that when I'm editing the entry I can show web form details and edit the login_username but that also edits the official username. Since it's the same account I would rather not have a separate 1Pass entry that needs to be maintained separately.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cfradenburg,

Unfortunately this isn't the first request I've seen on this topic but for now the best you can do I'm afraid is maintain multiple Login items even though they really all refer to a single account being authenticated by the same backend server. It may be that some future change allows for handling of these unusual sites but the changes would have to be reasonably extensive given it is something each client would need to support and the current workflows and formats were not designed with this oddity in mind.

• cfradenburg
    cfradenburg
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I was really hoping that being able to update just the username for a form or linking it to a custom field wouldn't be a big lift. I did find another option that will work for at least one of my accounts. There's just one website that I use with this account so I stripped the domain off the official username. I then created a custom field that has "domain\username" and I can use that to quickly paste in places that require the domain to be specified.

Thank you for taking a look and hopefully this is something that can be put in. Even just to handle fields that 1Pass already fills.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cfradenburg,

For a single site I do prefer your approach over mine. I can't say what future versions of 1Password will look like but maybe we'll be able to do better here at some point.

This discussion has been closed.