Login but still get Read Only

Options
smmello
smmello
Community Member

Today my 1Password Extension disappeared in Safari (not in Chrome) so I downloaded another one but it actually downloaded 1Password again and now my desktop app thinks I don't own the software so it says read only. I set up a master password back in 2017 but that never worked so I gave up although I do have the info saved in 1Password that I used. My husband's computer and all our devices sync to 1Password in Dropbox so everything seemed cool. But now I can't use 1Password on my computer except in read only and that is a disaster. HELP! It lets me log in on the first screen but in read-only mode. I do have the family version.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smmello - I'm sorry for the trouble! This sounds like something that's best taken care of in private if it involves details of your licenses or accounts. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DLV-65751-647]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @smmello only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DLV-65751-647

• smmello
    smmello
    Community Member
    Options

I sent you an email with the code appended to the subject line of the email and the diagnostic report attached.

• smmello
    smmello
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I also am enclosing the receipt for my last upgrade to 1Password 7 [removed by 1Password; this is a public forum]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smmello - thanks; I received your email and removed your attachment above; this forum gets a LOT of traffic and personally-identifying details like that are not a good idea to post. I'll be with you shortly via email.

This discussion has been closed.