Is the Firefox 1Password extension for Mac broken? It's not working for me.

Options

I'm on Mojave with 1Password 7.2.5 and Firefox 65 and the 1Password Firefox extension is not working. When I click it, it briefly flashes the 1Password app to the foreground and then back to the background. It's just not working. I've reinstalled the plugin twice.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1Password-4.7.3.90.xpi
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password cloud sync

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Boosh,

First can you confirm that both 1Password and Firefox reside in /Applications/ and not anywhere else. Due to the combination of sandboxing and code signature verification things will only work if both 1Password and the browser are either in the system-wide /Applications/ or a subfolder of it - ~/Applications/ won't work.

If they already exist there then the following is will catch a few different causes.

1. If 1Password is currently running hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Drag the 1Password and Firefox application bundle from /Applications/ to the Trash.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page.
    5. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    6. Download and install a fresh copy of Firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/.
    7. Launch Firefox and test the extension.

If still no joy despite all of that we'll need to review a diagnostic report. Can you create one for me please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

This discussion has been closed.