1Password Version 5,6 and 7 issues on my MacBook Pro

Options
Flyleca
Flyleca
Community Member

Hello everyone! I am looking for step-by-step help and/or receive a phone call from your team who can guide me on how to solve the following challenge I have on my MacBook Pro:

I have been using 1Password for a while and I believe my first purchase was 1Password3. Since then, I have been making the updates as they appeared and also (for some reason) I had to double purchased the certificate either because a new product was available or required an additional purchase. In any case, I now have on my laptop versions 5, 6 and 7 and it seems like each version is acting separately. Let me explain: every time I open 1Password and/or try to log in to one of my personal accounts (bank, Amazon, etc.) a different 1Password version opens. I know they are different because the Master Password I used for each version is different and I have to try all of them to find out which one version will open.

Therefore, how can I merge all three version so ONLY the latest version opens? Can someone help?

Many thanks
Luis MC

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave - 10.14.3 (18D105)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flyleca - the first thing to do is to quit every running 1Password process. If you have 1Password open, Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then open up Activity Monitor on your Mac (inside the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder), and search for 1Password. If you see any running processes remaining, quit those too, as well as any running browsers. Then drag 1Password 5 and 1Password 6 to the trash. Restart your Mac, and after restart, sign into your Mac user account and launch 1Password. See how that works for you. :)

• Flyleca
    Flyleca
    Community Member
    Options

:( Nope, didn't work! I guess I rather speak with someone over the phone and have this person guiding me. Thanks anyways!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flyleca - we don't currently offer telephone or "live chat" support for 1Password, but I'm happy to continue helping you here, or via email if you prefer. To be clear: if someone is offering you 1Password support over the phone, it is NOT US. Can you tell me what didn't work? Were you able to delete the older versions? If so, what's still not working?

• Flyleca
    Flyleca
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the help ... maybe we can continue via email because I don't know how secure is the forum for me to disclose information you might need.

• Flyleca
    Flyleca
    Community Member
    Options

Followed all the steps you described; however, when looking at the monitor activity area, I don't see 1Password 5 or 6 only version 7. But, when opening 1Password 7 it appears that 1Pasword 5 or 6 opens instead of 7 and that is because I have to use previous passwords and when looking at "about" 1 password shows 5 or 6 depending on the time I open the application. Would it be wise to delete everything and start from scratch? I would have to save my passwords somewhere via an export feature ... any suggestions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flyleca - at this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#JNG-27389-424]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Flyleca only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: JNG-27389-424

This discussion has been closed.