Modification date changing on its own

Options
MacSource
MacSource
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password 7, when I'm adding new items or edit older ones, i sporadically experience that some (few) other items (which i didn't touch in that session) change their modification dates o_O
Doesn't happen every time, but 2 to 3 times a week. I didn't experience that other data like Passwords or notes were modified or lost, but I'm a little bit worried.
1PW (standalone) and macOS are up-to-date.
Any Ideas bout that?

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany :)
Christian

PS: Will there be an option to display items-list horizontally (as in Version 6) again?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed if 1Password warns you about a site using http instead of https, and you click to convert it, that will change the modified date. Not sure if that's what's happening to you though.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacSource! We've actually seen this issue—just the modified dates being changed, nothing else—a few times before. The issue seems to lie with WLAN syncing, so switching to a more reliable sync method might help you out here. :)

That said, one of our developers will take a look soon!

I'll pass on your feedback about bringing back that specialty viewing option from 1Password 6, though I'm not sure we're planning to bring it back as of now; it doesn't really fit with the modern look of 1Password 7 (nor did it really fit in v6 either).

ref: apple-266

• MacSource
    MacSource
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your comment, Henry!
    Would be nice if you can fix this, but as long as it only affects the modification date, I can live with this for the time being.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany :)
    Christian

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix! :)

• leesnett
    leesnett
    Community Member
    Options

I want to confirm that the modification date is changing unexpectedly and this happened on our iOS devices while we were away for an extended period of time from our WLAN server residing on an iMac. There are dates showing on which we firmly believe no edits were made. It is very disconcerting as to what the result may be now if we execute a sync.

• leesnett
    leesnett
    Community Member
    Options

Some results from testing. The modified date is being updated to the current date and time for the last entry viewed prior to exiting the application. This is occurring on ios devices. (iphone 8 (ios 11.4, 1PW 7.0.6), ipad mini 4, same vers. as iPhone)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in. The development team is aware and is researching the issue.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

This is still an issue, experienced most recently today on two separate phones. I can reliably repeat the same sequence and have what feels like a "random" entry have it's modification date changed.

Note that this occurs even if I didn't try to modify any item (did NOT hit the "edit" button), but was just looking for a password (e.g. to copy out for pasting elsewhere).

While I love the tools, this issue is extremely frustrating and I would love to hear that you are actually working on it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@esquared - I'm sorry, and you're right, this IS a frustrating issue. We are indeed working on it, though I don't have anything to announce on it just yet. Thanks for your patience.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - glad to hear it. For what it's worth, I don't use WLAN sync, but do use iCloud for some local vaults and otherwise use 1P team/family. I did (a long time ago) use WLAN sync, but decided it was too painful.

Also, happy to be a guinea pig or otherwise help debug if you guys want, especially if the issue is not repeatable by you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks. We'll be in touch if there is additional information that might help. :)

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

I can't find the other thread where I was discussing this with someone else, but AFAICT, this is resolved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! :+1:

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.