Filling stop works on several website

Since last 1 or 2 months, 1Password extension stop fill on several websites, such as:

• Amazon Web Services login
  • Microsoft login

I can see the popup, then click on saved items, but nothing happened.

After click saved items, i can see some errors from 1Password extension:

Error in event handler for runtime.onMessage: TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at f (chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop/injected.min.js:53:166)
at Sa (chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop/injected.min.js:54:146)
at Pa (chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop/injected.min.js:39:173)
at chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop/injected.min.js:49:214

BTW: Tested on Opera 58 and Chrome 72, same error.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arianelu, thanks for your report. It sounds like an issue that should be resolved in the latest beta. I'd like to ask you to try installing it and let us know how it goes. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arianelu,

Let's start with the Microsoft one as I know there has been some disruption there in the recent past. What URL do you use to first load the sign-in page and what URL or URLs do you have stored in the Login item?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arianelu,

If you're willing could you try the following for me please.

1. Return to the beta version of 1Password for Windows.
    2. Visit the login.live.com address and copy and paste your email address into the field.
    3. Move onto the password stage and copy and paste your password into the field.
    4. Save a new Login item by accessing the 1Password helper menu, clicking the cog icon in the small sidebar (at the bottom) and selecting the Save new Login menu option.

Reload the page so that you're being asked for the email address and the field is empty. Can you try filling with this new Login item please. In my tests 1Password for Windows (beta) fills both fields. I don't know what could be different about your existing Login item but my hope is we at least see similar results with a new Login item.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arianelu,

The issue will be with the filling logic. I don't currently know why the brain struggles with an item not saved in the browser but it does and as a result it sends a executeFillScript message but with no instructions. In the past the companion extension could always safely assume the message was only sent if there was something to do and that is no longer the case. We will fix the error being logged by the extension but that is separate to the real issue with the filling logic.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arianelu,

Either way, we have a way of creating a Login item that works. That leaves AWS.

I'm aware of two scenarios. One is where you use the generic https://signin.aws.amazon.com/console and you first need to fill the account ID before then filling other details. The other is if you use a personalised URL and it directly loads a three field form.

For the latter try saving a new Login item in the browser. That should work.

For the former you'll need to import a 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. In 1Password select the menu option 1Password > Import and then select the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option and follow the prompts.
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the Web form details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Replace the website field with your personalised URL.
    7. Save.

That should help with AWS.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @arianelu,

In both cases a new Login item saved in the browser works. The variant for AWS is to account for the two different ways you can sign in and as it stands I don't know what we may do there but we have a workaround. The trouble there is to make things work for one the user has to accept a limitation in the other in turns of what the designated username is. As there is no right or wrong there is no clear solution. While we do want to retain backwards compatibility with older Login items on occasion improvement for many sites may mean a brief upset for others. I do acknowledge if somebody had dozens and dozens of Microsoft accounts this would not be fun but on occasion the solution may be a new Login item needs to be created.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Same here. I'm sorry for the difficulty. Hopefully we can find a way to improve filling in this area without having a negative impact on others. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.