It's impossible to scan the QR code of a 2FA login with the browser extension's screens

Options
koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Hello,

I tried it for Twitter as it's told here: https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

When I click the barcode icon, it opens the scanner popup, but the extension popup disappears. I can not find the extension popup that I clicked the edit button anywhere. If I click the extension icon, it opens the login item without "edit" mode. If I click the menu bar icon, it just shows saved items. So, there is no way to save the 2FA code generator with extension's screens. I tried it with the main 1Password app and it worked.
Note: I use 2 screens. at the same time.

I recorded a video that shows the problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LLtr8KCyp2OsglYaT40fIwA3X3YXqask

I think it is a bug.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.3 (18D109)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: Sorry for the confusion. It's not a bug; you didn't save it. When you defocus 1Password mini, it is dismissed, and you cannot save any changes there. You'll need to either need to click "Can't scan code" to copy and paste the TOTP secret into a new one-time password field in 1Password mini, or use the main 1Password app to scan the code, since that window will not be dismissed when you switch away from it.

• Spectre007
    Spectre007
    Community Member
    Options

"It's not a bug; you didn't save it. When you defocus 1Password mini, it is dismissed, and you cannot save any changes there."

This is a bad design choice. The window 'dismissed' however it did copy the code to my clipboard making me believe it had saved. I pasted the 2fa code and verified. At next login, I noticed 1Password did not actually save the 2fa code. I ended up having to go through an account recovery process to get my account back.

Can you make it so the application at least prompts you to save before it dismisses?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the taking the time to write this @Spectre007! I can't make any promises, but we can certainly consider your feedback moving forward :)

This discussion has been closed.