Login issue , maybe you can find a solution Re question

ronen
ronen
Community Member

**I have to re- **re ** open a problem that didn't solve in the past.

NOW - AT MON 4 MARCH 2019 im asking again as it seems that at my iOS devices 1Password CAN OPEN THE SAME BANK WEBSITE AT THE FIRST LOGIN AND FILL THE RIGHT PASSOWRD - _But at the macOS its NOT _.
Why the difference ?

Thanks

Qoute from the past :
I find myself open every day a bank login , to enter the website I need to
Delete the password field

Fill ( after copy ) the password by pasta it to the same field that were deleted
And press return to log in.

If the password is the same , why do I need to re enter it again ?

Even 1password representative (Eva) connected me and controlled my iMac and see the problem.

Can you do something please. ?

Thanks

discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/138893#Comment_138893

Please see support case [#BYT-78464-982]

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/340543#Comment_340543
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/33058/login-issue-maybe-you-can-find-a-solution#latest

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@ronen: Others have covered this with you extensively, so I won't repeat all of what others already explained to you, except to say that while we're always looking for ways to work around the strange things websites do, that isn't always possible, especially when they're seemingly going out of their way to make things difficult for users.

But I can address the specific points/questions you raise here:

im asking again as it seems that at my iOS devices 1Password CAN OPEN THE SAME BANK WEBSITE AT THE FIRST LOGIN AND FILL THE RIGHT PASSOWRD - _But at the macOS its NOT _.

1Password for iOS cannot and does not fill there. However, Apple's iOS 12 Password Autofill feature can and does:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Why the difference ?

1Password for Mac uses a browser extension. macOS does not have this kind of a built-in feature.

I can't tell you exactly why it works, because it's not our code. But Apple has been working on this for a long time, and has the benefit of full integration with the OS and browser in this case.

Anyway, it's not something w've been able to find a workaround for, but if in the future we do, or the website is updated to use proper web standards, then it could potentially work in the future.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Dear Brenty.
    1. Thanks very much for your reply.
    2. If I may: regarding Apple keychain, can I use both 1password AND Apple keychain?
    3. Thanks

• @ronen

On behalf of brenty you're welcome.

If I may: regarding Apple keychain, can I use both 1password AND Apple keychain?

We generally do not recommend that:

However... using Password AutoFill does not require having iCloud Keychain enabled. It is possible to use it exclusively with 1Password, and that is what we recommend.

Does that help?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.