1Password mini forgets recent search

Options

I use 1P Mini every morning to get into an app that uses both password + 2FA. Being able to use Ctrl + Alt + \ followed by Ctrl + Shift + C has been a great workflow for that for the most part, but I'm having a couple of problems with it:

• 1P Mini keeps forgetting my last searched item. I type in the first few characters of the name, select the item and do Ctrl + Shift + C to get the password. I tab back to the app, paste the password, and then bring up 1P Mini again. The moment that it comes up it's still showing the old login, but immediately after that it disappears and just goes back to showing everything. This appears to be related to me keeping my fingers on the Ctrl + Alt keys for a split second after releasing \, but if that is causing it a) shouldn't, since they're modifier keys and b) is waaaaay too quick.

• From using 1P on Mac one of the things that I got used to with 1P Mini and really liked is that immediately after copying data from 1P Mini, it would immediately go away. On Windows, I can do Ctrl + Shift + C to select exactly what I want to copy, but after I'm done I then have to manually Alt + Tab back to the app that I was using since 1P Mini just sits there looking at me. :)

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 build 18342
Sync Type: 1P Family

Comments

• Are you certain it's forgetting your search, @baggend? 1Password mini will clear the search string, but the item you just used should be right at the bottom of the list, ready for you to use again. :+1:

As for dismissing, you're right and I hadn't noticed that before. I guess it may just be so much a part of my work flow I'm used to it, but a quick esc will dismiss mini for you and I'll certainly pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• baggend
    baggend
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, definitely disappearing. I know that having it at the bottom of the window is how it's supposed to work, and every once in a while if I'm lucky it'll be there, but most of the time, within a fraction of a second of mini opening again, it removes it from the bottom of the list. I can send you a screen recording if that's helpful, I just don't want to post it here since it'll show some of my other logins which I don't want publicly accessible.

• Actually, @baggend, I think I'm good. I'm not entirely sure what changed, but today I'm able to reproduce the problem without issue. I think the difference is that if you use the mini icon in your system tray first, then the search is remembered. when you later use Ctrl + Alt + \, but it seems to be quickly forgotten when I used Ctrl + Alt + \ the first time. I'll make sure to let the team know so we can get it fixed up. :+1:

• Mag748
    Mag748
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate

This is still an issue in 1Password for Windows version 7.3.712. Can you please get an update from the team you contacted back in March and provide an update to us here in this thread by the end of this week (08-NOV-2019)?

Regards,
    Marcus

• MikeT
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @Mag748,

This is a confirmed bug and it will be fixed but we do not have a timeframe on when it'll be fixed.

ref: dev/windows/opw#3908

This discussion has been closed.