Chrome Extension can't connect with 1Password anymore

Options
ulbby
ulbby
Community Member

Hey,
since a couple of days the Chrome Extension can't connect with 1Password anymore.
When I open the "generated_background_page" of the Extension I can see following error in the console:

global.min.js:240 WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:55735/4' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
global.min.js:240 [AGENT:WS] socket error: [object Event]; readyState=3. Perhaps Helper is not running on ws://127.0.0.1:55735/4 or is shutting down?

I have Mac OS X High Sierra with 1Password 6.8.

What I have tried: multiple restarts and reinstalling of the Extension, deleting chrome cache & updating chrome.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome Extension can't connect with 1Password

Comments

• jimcintosh
    jimcintosh
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I'm having what I think is a similar problem.

MacOS: 10.14.3 (Mojave)
    Chrome: 72.0.3626.121
    1Password: 7.2.4 (70204000)
    Chrome Extension: 4.7.3.90

When I click on the icon, I get a strange box saying:

Please help. What should I do?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimcintosh - I replied to this exact comment in the other thread where you posted it. Let's keep the conversation going there instead of in multiple places, if you don't mind. Thanks. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ulbby! Please restart your Mac and try it again; if this doesn't work, then please delete the Chrome extension and visit the Chrome store and install a fresh copy. Let us know how that works for you. :)

• ulbby
    ulbby
    Community Member
    Options

@lars The solution was to download the newest version of 1Password ... unfortuately you need to do this manuelly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ulbby - yep, that was the next thing on my list to try -- glad you got it figured out! :) You shouldn't have to download 1Password manually, however. In Preferences > Updates you can check the box marked "Automatically check for updates" (and I'd also recommend the one marked "Automatically install updates" as well, but that's a matter of taste). Let us know if you need anything else. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.