No User Name Field in Website Log In

bluesky
bluesky
Community Member

I was sent an email message from a website with a link to create a password to create an account.

I clicked on the link and use 1Password's password generator to fill in the password field. A 1Password dialogue box appeared for me to approve creation of the login for this account. However, when I clicked on the login name on my extension (Firefox), there was no user name. So I clicked on Edit to add the user name, but there is no user name field in the login.

So I went to the 1Password application on my desktop to add the user name there. But again, no user name field. Nor any way to create a user name field.

The only solution I can see is to create a new login in the application and transfer the password to that.

Why is there no user name field or any way to make one?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:no user name field

Comments

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member

Solution found:

Because I clicked on Edit right away for the login in the 1Password application, I didn't see that there is a button that says "Convert to login," and when I clicked on that a user name field was created.

I still find it strange that there is no user name field originally. What else would this be but a login, when it's generated by creating a password for creating a website account?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bluesky - I can't say exactly from just your description, but it sounds as if this page may not have contained a username field, and that's why it was saved as only a password item. I'm glad you found the "Convert to Login" button, and I'd urge you to make sure you have the actual URL of the sign-in page (not just the site's main/landing page) in that field. Let us know if you continue to have troubles. :)

This discussion has been closed.