1Password Mini - quick copy button for password and username

snowy
snowy
Community Member

I believe I saw an older post in reference to this, but I am going make request for feature for it. It would be great if you could copy the password with the mouse (not keyboard shortcut) from the 1Password Mini list view. So you don't have to actually click the item AND then click copy
password. Coming from macpass they have list view where you can easily just double click that item to copy the username or password. This would vastly improve the workflow.

This would streamline the workflow for other apps. in my case iTerm, Quicken, Fetch. I just need to quickly copy the password via GUI/mouse interaction. And double clicking make sure there isn't an accidentally copy of the username or password.

You already provide something close to this in the iOS 1P app. Attached 2 screen shots the design is crude more to show what I am describing.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@snowy - thanks for the suggestion! :) I can see where that would make the workflow of the mouse-centric among us easier, for sure. And I'll certainly mention your idea to the dev team. I'm not sure how likely it is, since we've got an even faster way of doing this (via the keyboard shortcut, as you know), and even the current 1Password for Mac implementation isn't exactly cumbersome (click item, then second click to copy password). But it can't hurt to mention, and you never know -- if we get a deluge of requests for this, it may move forward more quickly in the priority-list. Thanks for being a 1Password user and for taking the time to share your use-case and wishes with us. :)

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member

thanks for passing it on. one can hope :) I use the keyboard shortcut, but I find the click to open and then having to look for the password field can be frustrating. I would say this would be appropriate for the favorites (and only in the mini view). it could also just be password.

• Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective on this snowy. We'll continue to monitor feedback on these screens and see what improvements we may be able to make. Thanks again. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.