Version7 will not sync

Options
pegasso4444
pegasso4444
Community Member

I installed ver7 on my Mac and iPhone but I am not able to get the syncing of the “Primary” vault on both devices.
If I try to add my account to the iPhone and go to Settings/ 1Password Accounts/ Add Existing Account I am asked for “Sign-in Address” which I do not have!
How can I get the syncing to work?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pegasso4444

I'd be happy to help you with this. You mentioned you have a 1Password membership, but are using a Primary vault and do not have a sign-in address. There seems to be some confusion. If you have a membership (subscription) then you do have a sign-in address, and likely would not have a Primary vault. Could you please clarify if you are indeed using a 1Password membeship (subscription), or not?

Ben

• pegasso4444
    pegasso4444
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    Yes I have a 1Password membeship (subscription)
    I have a Secret Key.
    Version7 is working fine on iPhone and Mac but does not sync.

On my Mac I go to Vault/ Switch to Vault/ I select All Vaults.
    ( There is also a Vault called Personal ( empty) that was not made by me).

I am confused about the Sign-in Adress when I go to Settings/ 1Password Accounts/ Add Existing Account on my iPhone.

As I understand that need to add my existing account on the iPhone?
    But I have no idea where to find the Sign-in Address. Is this my email address?

Thank you
    Peter

• Ben
    Options

@pegasso4444

Do you have your Emergency Kit?

Get to know your Emergency Kit

This would have your sign-in address on it. You can also view your sign-in address in 1Password for Mac under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts > [your account], but it is likely https://my.1password.com/

If you do not have your Emergency Kit, I would highly recommend printing one once you get signed in. You can do so from the https://start.1password.com/signin website.

On my Mac I go to Vault/ Switch to Vault/ I select All Vaults.
    ( There is also a Vault called Personal ( empty) that was not made by me).

Do you have one called "Primary" there? If so you'll want to move the contents of that to the Personal vault, and then delete the Primary vault. The Primary vault does not sync via your membership, but the Personal vault does:

Move and copy items | 1Password

You can delete the Primary vault from the menu bar:

• Choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    • Choose Vault > Delete Vault.

Ben

• pegasso4444
    pegasso4444
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to add my account to the iPhone.
    I made a Personal Vault on my Mac and moved the items from the Primary Vault to the Personal Vault and deleted the Primary Vault.
    But I made a terrible mistake - I moved only the 24 Logins and then I deleted the Primary Vault which would have a total of 88 Items in other categories.

Fortunately I still have all 88 items on my iPhone!

I am confused now why 1Password does not sync the 88 items from the iPhone automatically to the Mac Vault Personal which has only a total of 24 items?

• Ben
    Options

@pegasso4444

I am confused now why 1Password does not sync the 88 items from the iPhone automatically to the Mac Vault Personal which has only a total of 24 items?

It sounds like they aren't the same vault. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101993/version7-will-not-sync
    • Your forum username: pegasso4444

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• pegasso4444
    pegasso4444
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks to the great support from Garrett Oreilly it works now!!
    Have a nice day
    Peter

• Ben
    Options

So glad to hear Garrett was able to help. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.