Option to not offer to save new credentials when 1Password 7 is locked?

Options
deepdvd
deepdvd
Community Member
edited March 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I really miss a number of features in 1Password 4. One of these is the option to not automatically offer to save when 1Password is locked. Either I'm missing this option somewhere, or it hasn't been implemented yet.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Don't offer to save when 1Password is locked

Comments

• This hasn't been implemented yet and I can't say for certain whether it will be, @deepdvd. On the one had, I can totally see a use for it. It's effectively an "off" button for 1Password and there may well be situations where one would want that. On the other, I fear a scenario like someone filling out a password change form with a generated password, walking away to make a cup of coffee, and returning to submit the form after 1Password has auto-locked leading to that updated password not being saved. There are protections in place for that scenario in the form of Password items, but that does assume that this person both generated the password using 1Password and didn't add anything to said password upon pasting it into the form. Altering the password after pasting isn't common, but with fussy sites with endless password rules, I have been known to just click randomly within my password and add a symbol so it will stop whining. I'd wager I'm not alone there.

Anyway, my ponderings aside, I hear ya and will make sure to pass your feedback along. I am, thankfully, not the final arbiter here so there may well be a way to offer such an option without putting folks like me in any danger. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.