Remove web form details - missing feature

Options
jlebedev
jlebedev
Community Member
edited March 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just switched over from a competing password manager (the red one with the dots): One feature I miss is the ability to remove web form details. 1password tends to save superfluous fields quite often (billa.at for example, it saves the quantity of products and autofills those as well which is annoying).

With my router, it detects the password as a username. Again, no way to change it so my login password is hidden in 1password and not displayed openly.

And with my energy provider, I had to fiddle around to get the program to save the correct fields.

I'd like the ability to completely remove web form details (clearing them just means they get emptied out by autofill) as well as add custom web form fields. The competing password manager was able to do this, and it was often quite helpful.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jlebedev,

Thank you for giving 1Password a try!

Editing (and removing) web form details is something we would like to add to 1Password 7, but I do not have any ETA for you at this point. It is not a high priority issue and we still have a lot of work ahead of us that needs to be done first.

If you have issues with saving/filling your Login credentials on some websites, you can also try to save your Login item manually there. Here is how:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Let me know if it works better for you this way. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• jlebedev
    jlebedev
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thanks for the quick (and helpful) response! Great to hear it's a feature that's coming at some point in the future.

I'd just like to add that, these small annoyances aside, I'm very impressed with the quality of your product (the Android app especially is leagues better, the way 1pw stores data way more flexible) as well as the speed of your customer service. So keep up the great work!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jlebedev - on behalf of Greg, you're quite welcome. Glad to hear you're enjoying some of the new features and refinements. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.