Unresponsive extension in Chrome

Options

Comments

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

This problem seems to have recurred and is worse than ever before. I have to repeatedly click on the 1Password mini entry to populate fields on the web page. It seems there is a lag of about 5-10 seconds between launching 1Password Mini and it becoming responsive. It is not just happening on first launch but all the time. I am running 1Password 7 for Windows latest version. Is there a known issue? This is not happening on Mac OS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: This discussion is about 1Password for Windows version 4, so it won't be related. Can you tell me the exact OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using there? Do you get a different result if you use the keyboard shortcut -- Ctrl \ -- instead? Are you using local vaults, and 1Password membership account, or both?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty

Requested details are as follows:

1Password: 7.3.657
    Google Chrome: 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I didn't know about the Ctrl \ shortcut so thanks for highlighting this. This freezing issue does not seem to be apparent when invoking credentials using this shortcut. If there is only one login match for the current web page then it seems to auto-populate the credentials and login to the site instantaneously (where auto-submit is activated).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me. You should have an update in Chrome. Having one pending can break some things. Please go complete that, and restart Windows. I'm not sure why the keyboard shortcut would work in that case, but that maybe a good clue if that doesn't do the trick. Regardless, it's pretty convenient. If you press the keyboard shortcut on a page where you have more than one Login items saved, you should see 1Password mini come up to have you select one. Does that happen for you?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

@brenty Yes if there is more than one match, 1Password Mini is invoked after using the keyboard shortcut. I updated Chrome to Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) and rebooted but that hasn't resolved the 1Password Mini freezing issue. I'll stick with the keyboard shortcut as this seems like a better way of invoking credentials anyway.

• I'm glad to hear the keyboard shortcut is working for you, @Matty279! I always tell our engineering team that if they're making me us my mouse, they're doing it wrong, so I'm a pretty big fan of Ctrl + \ myself and couldn't agree more that it's a better method. :chuffed:

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate The Ctrl + \ shortcut is great if there is only one login match in 1Password for the current URL. Otherwise 1Password Mini is invoked and we're back to the same issue that I have reported.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Matty279,

If you update to the latest beta version of 1Password, does the issue remain there? You can switch to beta version in Settings > Update > Update channel.

Please let me know. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.