How do you reorder favorites now in version 7.0 (70000001)?

Options
13»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jd007: The cursor is in the search box when you open the window, but you're right: if you've got both hands on the mouse/trackpad you'd have to move one or both of them to type anything. Usually I can find what I need with just a few keystrokes, but it totally depends. Favorites can be much more efficient if you just have a small number of them. I guess after using 1Password all these years I just have too much of everything though, so search ends up being more efficient for me in most cases. Different strokes for different folks. :)

• Homerj222
    Homerj222
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Please bring back something for organizing favorites. I just tagged a few things but you can’t order those either. Just bring alphabetization (new word) to favorites. I’m one that had no issues when I could sort favorites on iOS. But I have a bunch in favorites and it’s almost harder to find the new stuff I’ve added. Please please please. Frank

ref: EGM-47572-492

• Homerj222
    Homerj222
    Community Member
    Options

One more thing. I just went to tags and clicked the + to add. It took me to my password list. I went down list and added an item. It then took me back to the top of logins instead of where I was on the list. Someone months ag asked and I’ll repeat. Do agile developers use the app for iOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please bring back something for organizing favorites. I just tagged a few things but you can’t order those either. Just bring alphabetization (new word) to favorites. I’m one that had no issues when I could sort favorites on iOS. But I have a bunch in favorites and it’s almost harder to find the new stuff I’ve added. Please please please. Frank

@Homerj222: As mentioned previously, we'll see if there's a clean way to do something like that in the future Otherwise alphabetical allows for more consistency, and search is always available.

One more thing. I just went to tags and clicked the + to add. It took me to my password list. I went down list and added an item. It then took me back to the top of logins instead of where I was on the list. Someone months ag asked and I’ll repeat. Do agile developers use the app for iOS.

Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

• Homerj222
    Homerj222
    Community Member
    Options

Yes but alphabetical isn’t an option in favorites. If it was that would be great since that’s how I had previously been organizing them. And using search is an extra step.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Homerj222: Yep. Like I said, it's something we're working on. :)

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry for chiming in late. I read about that sorting is supposedly working based on alphabetic sorting of the title. This works in 1Password 7 but not in 1Password mini. The ordering in mini is IMHO by date added to the favorites. I renamed the favorite I would like to be on top to "01 XXX" (i.e. ZeroOne) and it still shows up on the bottom of 1Password mini favorites.
    Am I doing something wrong or is it simply inconsistent.

• Hi @rburgst

This thread is about 1Password for iOS, but it sounds like your question may be about 1Password for Mac? It is possible (likely even) that they operate differently.

Ben

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben you are correct, I posted it to https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91915/sorting-favorites-in-1password-7, I hope thats the right one.

• :+1:

Ben

• drclvs
    drclvs
    Community Member
    Options

Please add this feature back. I was able to sort using 1Password 6 which is the last supported version in iOS 10. I don't want to use this as a workaround and will no longer able to do so as my old devices are now updating to iOS 12.

This is such a basic feature it shouldn't take so long to implement. I've found quite a few threads and multiple comments from different users in this forum for this, and this is just a small sample of your large user base, meaning this is a big problem! Please escalate this as a top priority issue for your internal tracking if possible, otherwise the favourite list is much less useful due to random sorting.

Thanks for listening.

• Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective, @drclvs.

Ben

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    Options

same feelings
    I miss the ability to easily sort, too
    Work arounds are, um, inelegant
    and a favorite favorites would help
    I use maybe 5 PW 90% of the time
    ya'll do a lot more stuff for fewer folks than need this
    not a deal breaker, but...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Iwouldrathernot

We do have some ideas with regard to sorting on iOS. I hope to have more to share soon, but as with all things not-yet-released I can't make any promises.

Ben

• MStyle
    MStyle
    Community Member
    Options

While Favorites are still alphabetical, if you want to put some of your favorites on top in iOS, a workaround would be to put an emoji in front of their name. I like my credit cards to be listed first in my Favorites, so I put the 💳 emoji in front of each card's name and they are all nicely grouped in front of other favorites. This only works in iOS - on my Windows 10 PC 1Password lists favorites that start with a number first, then those that start with a letter, and emoji go last.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing that workaround @MStyle. :) Hopefully we can come up with a better long term solution, but glad to hear that (at least partly) works for now.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, platform conventions for sorting differ a bit. I'm not sure what the right thing to do would be, but it's a good thing to consider. Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.