Safari Extension Was Working, Now Missing

Options
macdangles
macdangles
Community Member

Safari 12.0.3

The extension in Safari has disappeared. I haven't updated anything lately, just "poof"... gone. Now I can't figure out how to get it back.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gdpfeiffer
    gdpfeiffer
    Community Member
    Options

same problem here - macOS 11.14.3/ 1Password 6.8.9 (pro) - how do I get it back??

• hankfeir
    hankfeir
    Community Member
    Options

I also have a problem with the Safari Extension not working. I have 1Password 7
    Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
    AgileBits Store.

First the extension was no longer installed in Safari Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5). Then I was able to reinstall it, but it doesn't respond at all when I click it. All of this started when I upgraded to this version of 1Password.

• jarra_tt
    jarra_tt
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, this has happened to me as well (just logged on to report it). I noticed it disappeared when I downloaded the latest update to 1Password7 yesterday.

The safari extension has disappeared and the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar is also unresponsive while I am using safari (whether in full screen mode, or not). To activate the menu bar icon, I have to click off Safari (so it isn't the active app) then click on the menu bar icon - and it works.

Any ideas? I'm assuming this is a bug in the latest release?

• jarra_tt
    jarra_tt
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

(sorry, posted my comment twice)

• ravensword
    ravensword
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. 1password was an extension in Safari. Now it's gone. And installing it is impossible. The website says its "included" with 1PW7

• roelofdekoning
    roelofdekoning
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem as well: the shortcut (command-backslash) doesn't work, mouse right-click doesn't work, if I click on the 1Password7 extension (7.2.5) in the tab-bar I see 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002) become active for a fraction of a second, then... nothing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @macdangles! What version of 1Password extension did/do you have in Safari's Preferences > Extensions? If you see nothing in there related to 1Password, then please restart your Mac and check again. In Safari 12 (which ships natively with macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”)), there is no external extension to install, since Apple changed the format to the new Safari App Extension. The extension now will not be 4.7.3.90, it will be the same version number as the app itself. If you've already tried that and it hasn't worked, then please make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and re-install it by grabbing a fresh copy of our installer from our downloads page. Thanks.

• hankfeir
    hankfeir
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I followed your directions in your post, and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks, Hank

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hankfeir - awesome! Glad to hear I was able to help. :)

• gdpfeiffer
    gdpfeiffer
    Community Member
    Options

How about a fix for 1Password 6?? ( I purchased the pro version some time ago- don't need a subscription)

• Ben
    Options

@gdpfeiffer

Could you please make sure you have the latest version of the Safari extension installed and then restart your Mac? You can find the extension here:

Apple - Safari - Safari Extensions Gallery

1Password 6 is no longer being developed. 1Password 7 is available now. It does not require a subscription, though one is recommended. If you'd prefer to continue with the "DIY" approach licenses offer you can do that, but it does require a new license. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Mellowman
    Mellowman
    Community Member
    Options

Have you outsourced your development to a cheaper place by any chance? To have major functionality like this (also the Chrome extension stopped working now!) just stop working in a live version is shocking!!! You do understand it will affect future sales based on perceived lack of quality. If you have outsourced to a cheaper place , please make sure your higher ups are aware of this quality impact and how it will hurt the company eventually!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Mellowman! Thanks for weighing in on this issue.

This discussion has been closed.