I purchased a family account but does my guest need to purchase a membership?

kaulanak
kaulanak
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Families

I want my mom to use the app, she's 82 and I was able to get her to log in and opened up the website. But when I try to get her to login to the app she's asking me if she needs to purchase a membership. What do I do? Does she need to purchase something else? I already bought the family membership how can she get her vault (which is view only) open on her iPhone?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaulanak! Welcome to the forum!

Your mom doesn't need to pay :) Your Families subscription covers additional family members too. After you invited her and she created her account, all she needs to do is login to her 1Password account in the 1Password app. Billing information will not be necessary as she is covered by your existing subscription.

I hope this helps!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kaulanak: Also, 1Password Families has a really great feature that allows you, as an Organizer, to help a family member recover their account if they get locked out. One thing you don't have to do but might be helpful is to invite her as a guest. A guest account is still part of your family but 1) has access to a single vault you share with them, 2) does not take up one of your "regular family member" slots (5 are included in the base subscription). Others have found that can be a good option for the youngest and oldest members of the family, to help them manage their stuff in 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.