Brave not filling credentials - using Brave 0.60.48 and 1Password 7.2.5

juanvico
juanvico
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

Since today, my 1Password extension in Brave is no longer filing in Brave Browser. I don't understand why.
I've tried to re-install Brave and re-install the extension but it doesn't change anything.
Symptom is : clicking in the extension button : nothing happen
right-clic in the action menu Extension 1Password (app desktop required) bring me to the 1Password.com homepage :/
Any idea?
Many thanks

1Password Version: Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOs 10.14.3 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

Hi @juanvico! Welcome to the forum!

To find out why this is happening, we will need to look at the logs. Therefore, to avoid sharing information here, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#RJS-65428-611]

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @juanvico only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

Thank you!

• juanvico
    juanvico
    Community Member

hi @ag_ana!,

I've just sent the email with the report in it. Thanks in advance for your diagnosis!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@juanvico

Thank you! I can confirm we received your report via e-mail. We will get back to you over there as soon as possible. :)

Have a wonderful day!

• juanvico
    juanvico
    Community Member

Hi everyone and thank you Ana for your help.

For everyone else, I solved the problem by disabling all the Brave's addons then enable 1Password's only then the others.
    Don't know why it was not working before but now everything is ok.

Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@juanvico

I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We really appreciate it! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• mickva
    mickva
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue with Safari. It just began with the update to 7.2.5 last week. Help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mickva! Safari is a very different beast than Brave, especially in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), and so is the 1Password extension that goes along with it. Can you tell us:

1. What specific version of 1Password you have installed
    2. What specific version of macOS you're running
    3. What specific version of Safari you're using
    4. What specific version of 1Password extension in Safari
    5. How you sync your data
    6. Whether you've restarted your Mac recently
    7. Anything else you think might be relevant or help us in assisting you.

Thanks! :)

• AdrenalineX
    AdrenalineX
    Community Member

Hello!

I’m currently using 1Password 7.1.1 on Mac OS Mojave. I am trying to switch to the Brave browser. However, there is no pop-up or anything the seems to work. I have tried the information about adding the ability for an extension to access the 1Password app, however, that doesn’t seem to work either.

I have no need nor desire to purchase a subscription to 1Password for the way I use it…

Any help to get everything working would be great!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AdrenalineX - you'll want to make sure you've the latest version of Brave installed (0.62.50), and also update 1Password 7 for Mac to the current version (7.2.5). Restart both (or just restart your Mac), and see if that helps.

• AdrenalineX
    AdrenalineX
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did try to update to 7.2.5 before and it wasn't working correctly so I've just stayed with 7.1.1. Is there no way for 7.1.1 to work? I've also tried each of the 3 extensions and none seem to work correctly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AdrenalineX - not sure what you mean by "each of the three extensions." Can you clarify?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AdrenalineX - thanks. Two of those are 1Password X, which don't require you to have any version of 1Password installed at all, since they work directly with a 1password.com account, if you have one. One is the stable channel, and one is the beta, but it's the same thing. The other is our regular companion extension which requires the local app. Which one did you intend to use? 1Password X or the regular 4.7.3.90 extension?

• AdrenalineX
    AdrenalineX
    Community Member

Since I have the app installed (I just updated to 7.2.5) and don't have a subscription, I would only use the regular extension...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AdrenalineX - in that case, there is only one extension (the one that says "desktop app required"). ;)

What version of Brave are you running? And have you restarted both Brave and 1Password? To fully quit 1Password, you need to type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).

• AdrenalineX
    AdrenalineX
    Community Member

Brave Version 0.62.50 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yes, I have done the full quit in 1Password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AdrenalineX Just to make sure we are not overlooking anything: are your symptoms the same as the ones described in the first post of this discussion?

This discussion has been closed.