To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to type masterkey?

User1988
User1988
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Memberships

Hi all,

I want to recover ASAP from web my 1password password.

To do so, I need to key in, my master key (which I have), but quite incredibly I can't do it! the dots can't be edited - tried from chrome and safari

I don't want to use the app on Mac because for some reason it has doesnt not have the recovery account option.

Please help.

Thank you,

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: RNY-42257-479

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @User1988! Welcome to the forum!

The screenshot you posted shows the Secret Key field. For your convenience, you only have to type your Secret Key the first time you login in a new browser. If you now need to type in your Master Password, you will see an additional field below the Secret Key, that will allow you to type your password to login.

If your Secret Key changed instead, and that's why you are trying to enter a different one, you can click on the Sign in to another account link at the bottom of the login page. This will allow you to enter different credentials, including a different Secret Key.

I hope this helps!

• User1988
    User1988
    Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but it does not. I did not change my security key (never have), and it is quite clear that I can't do anything if not eliminate my account (which I don't want). I can't type my security key - which it seems I have to type, because it asks me to 'find it' - nor reset my PW.

Please help - thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@User1988

The place where you are looking at is not the place where you are supposed to type your Secret Key. You type your Secret Key in your browser, at your Sign In Address (which you can find inside your Emergency Kit).

For example, if you have an Individual account, your Sign In Address would be https://my.1password.com. That's where you need to enter your Secret Key. What you are looking at is just a page that tells you what your Secret Key starts with, so you can make sure you use the correct one (this is useful, for example, when you have multiple 1Password accounts), but it's not meant to be edited.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new

Please try that link. That should allow you to type your Secret Key in regardless of what else is going on. :)

Ben

ref: RNY-42257-479

This discussion has been closed.