Cannot delete Entry on AppleWatch

pawo
pawo
Community Member

I am fighting with a bug. I had a CreditCard entry synched on my AppleWatch 4 and then I had to rename that very CreditCard on 1PW (just to distinguish it better from another one I have). After having done this, I then had TWO entries of the same CreditCard on my AppleWatch, the OLD named one plus the one with the NEW name. I lived with that double entry for a while. Now I wanted to delete that CreditCard on my vault because it is void. So in 1PW on my iPhone I first unmarked (the NEW name entry) "add to AppleWatch" which removed it from the watch and then I moved it into trash on 1PW. So the void CreditCard (with its NEW name) is gone in my vault and watch, as intended. Now the problem is, I obviously do not have anymore in my vault any entry of that CreditCard with its OLD name BUT it still shows on my AppleWatch! I tried everything I could think of (deaktivated AppleWatch in the 1PW App, removed 1PW from the watch etc.) to delete this CreditCard entry from my watch but it is totally persistent. It will always show up again after 1PW being activated on my watch - an entry which doesn't exist at all anywhere in my vault hence cannot unmark it "add to AppleWatch. How can I get rid of it on the watch?!

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4, WatchOS 5.1.3
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pawo: Well, that's certainly an interesting situation. I'm almost able to rule out a bunch of things based on your description, but I'm not 100% sure and would rather not jump to conclusions. Do you perhaps have the item in another vault? As long as it is tagged with Apple Watch, it should show up on the watch no matter what.

Keep in mind that you would need to open 1Password for iOS on your iPhone in order for it to sync data and update the watch.

But, if the item is deleted and not in any other vault, if you go into the Trash in 1Password for Windows, and remove the Apple Watch tag, does the item disappear from your watch? Otherwise, deleting the watch app and reinstalling it should do the trick, if watchOS is caching the data for some reason. Let me know what you find.

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

@brenty thanks a lot, you were so right! I made a very stupid mistake. I have several different shared vaults in my family. Apparently sometime in the past for whatever reason I cannot remember I must have copied the card to one of those shared vaults. That's why it is showing on the watch. I saw this now when I activated "ALL vaults view". I deleted it in that shared vault and its gone from the watch. Thanks a lot again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pawo - glad brenty was able to help you figure it out. 1Password isn't rocket science, but there's just enough complexity that we've all tripped over something similar like that in the past (inadvertent copies, things in the wrong vault, etc). No worries, that's why were here - to help! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If I hadn't done that myself before, I never would have thought of it either. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.