To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password Families Account/Membership questions

vikas027
vikas027
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Memberships

I am looking to get 1Password Families account which is currently at $4.99 USD per month.

I have a few questions before I buy the product

• Can I also have additional vaults apart from the cloud vault (automatically synced by 1Password)? If yes, are there any downsides apart from that I will have to sync the vault database file?
  • Is there an option to pay for a year or two and save some $$$? Maybe through gift cards?
  • How can I contact support - phone, email, or support portal? Is it 24x7?
  • 1Password Families plan has the same benefits as 1Password Membership?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

Hi @vikas027

I'd be happy to help with that.

Can I also have additional vaults apart from the cloud vault (automatically synced by 1Password)? If yes, are there any downsides apart from that I will have to sync the vault database file?

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but you can have multiple vaults within your membership that would be accessible from any device you're signed into your membership on. Does that help?

Is there an option to pay for a year or two and save some $$$? Maybe through gift cards?

It isn't possible for us to invoice for membership terms longer than 12 months at a time, but you can achieve this through the purchase and use of gift cards. If you purchase the $125 gift card for $99 (current sale; may not be available indefinitely) you can save some additional money on top of the annual rate discount for membership.

How can I contact support - phone, email, or support portal? Is it 24x7?

• Here on the forum, where we typically respond in less than 24 hours. Other 1Password customers may also be able to help out.
    • By email: https://support.1password.com/contact/, where we typically respond in less than 72 hours.
    • On Twitter, where we can answer simple questions in a brief message

1Password Families plan has the same benefits as 1Password Membership?

1Password Families is a flavor of 1Password Membership, yes.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• vikas027
    vikas027
    Community Member

Hey @Ben ,

Thanks a ton for a swift response.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but you can have multiple vaults within your membership that would be accessible from any device you're signed into your membership on.

Well, I meant that is there an option to create another vault which does not sync across multiple devices? In my scenario, I will two vaults, one would be synced and accessible on any device, another one would just be available locally on my laptop.

It isn't possible for us to invoice for membership terms longer than 12 months at a time, but you can achieve this through the purchase and use of gift cards. If you purchase the $125 gift card for $99

But a twelve-month family plan costs for 4.99 * 12 = $59.88. In this case, I would have an extra $65.12 (125 - 59.88) in my account which I can use in the coming years, am I right?

I am sorry, but would you mind writing a few words about the flaws mentioned in this hackernews article.

• Subdomain Password Leakage in 1Password Internal Browser
    • HTTPS downgrade to HTTP URL by default in 1Password Internal Browser
    • Titles and URLs Not Encrypted in 1Password Database
    • Read Private Data From App Folder in 1Password Manager
    • Privacy Issue, Information Leaked to Vendor 1Password Manager
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, I meant that is there an option to create another vault which does not sync across multiple devices?

@vikas027: Yes. I think Ben's confusion (and my own) were that what you originally said sounded like you wanted to both sync and not sync this vault. Thanks for clarifying! :)

In my scenario, I will two vaults, one would be synced and accessible on any device, another one would just be available locally on my laptop.

All the 1Password apps can have a Primary (local) vault, which would be only on that device, in addition to (a) 1Password account(s).

However, this isn't something we recommend because it is confusing and risky, since you don't get some of the most important benefits of 1Password membership with stuff you don't store encrypted in your account -- automatic offsite backup and item history, among other things. SO while you're free to do that, just keep in mind that it's at your own risk: if your device is lost, stolen, or destroyed, that (local) data is gone.

But a twelve-month family plan costs for 4.99 * 12 = $59.88. In this case, I would have an extra $65.12 (125 - 59.88) in my account which I can use in the coming years, am I right?

I am sorry, but would you mind writing a few words about the flaws mentioned in this hackernews article.

No need to apologize. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the writer of that article actually read that July 2017 report (though they did link to it). And you'll have to forgive me for the lack of detail in my answer because that report is from nearly two years ago, and is in reference to issues that were reported and addressed in 2016. So none of that applies today. The report itself is in reference to 1Password for Mac version 6.3.3 and acknowledges the limited severity of the issues, and that they were reported on 2016-09-01 and fixed in an update on 2016-09-27. But if you have specific questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them. :)

• But a twelve-month family plan costs for 4.99 * 12 = $59.88. In this case, I would have an extra $65.12 (125 - 59.88) in my account which I can use in the coming years, am I right?

Yes, balances carry forward.

Ben

• vikas027
    vikas027
    Community Member

Hello @Ben and @brenty,

Thanks for answering all the queries.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vikas027
    On behalf of @Ben and @brenty, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear they were able to clarify things for you.
    Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.