To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Duplicated entries after migrating to 1Password 7

2»

Comments

• ljrkrispes
    ljrkrispes
    Community Member

I guess I am not making myself clear. I only have ONE Vault under the ALL VAULTS on the top of the page. In the ALL ITEMS that include my 343 accounts, there are 2 accounts at the top of the list before my alphabetically ordered accounts. Those 2 listings are 1Password 6 and 1Password Account (Linda Rice) . I am reluctant to delete either one of these without knowing that my vaults are okI can send screen shots, but I would like to do that not on a public arena--if you want to email me somehow

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ljrkrispes - that sounds like it's probably best at this point. Please write an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/482832#Comment_482832
    • Your forum username: @ljrkrispies

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the screenshots, I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ljrkrispes
    ljrkrispes
    Community Member

Lars.,...thank you! Email sent. Awaiting BitBot reply so I can post Support ID. Have checked Spam Folder as well as main email

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ljrkrispes - no worries. Found it and replied.

ref: ZEB-57749-882

• ljrkrispes
    ljrkrispes
    Community Member

Included actual screen shot this time on a reply email

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :)

• mieky
    mieky
    Community Member

Just had the same issue. Super annoying.

• mieky
    mieky
    Community Member

Just had the same issue. Super annoying.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mieky: If you've just not removed the old vault, and you're seeing "duplicates" as a result of viewing two vaults with the same data, you just need to follow the last part of the migration guide to remove the old vault.

If, however, you've actually copied the same data to your account more than once (rather than only doing it on your main device, to avoid duplication), you can either use Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate as mentioned earlier in this discussion, or start over and do the migration only once this time. Let me know if you have any questions!

• walterbriggs
    walterbriggs
    Community Member

My problem seems to be related to accounts AND vaults. I have two active subscriptions, one under my name, and one under the name of my business. My Name account has a Personal vault only, and everything in there is duplicated in the Business account Private vault.

What's the solution?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @walterbriggs! I'm sorry for the confusion/duplicated entries. If you have an individual 1Password account for your personal, private-life stuff as well as being a member of a 1Password Business account, I'd recommend you split your data up into the appropriate accounts. As a rule, you never want to store ANY personal-life stuff in the Private vault of any account you're not the owner of (such as a business or team account). Why? Because although your Private vault is indeed private (only you can see/decrypt its contents), you don't own the account, and if you leave the organization or company, your access to the data can be removed at any time by your supervisor/boss, etc (or even if you don't leave!).

You can add (and it sounds as if you have added) multiple accounts into your local 1Password apps, so there's no need to keep redundant copies of your data in multiple vaults/accounts. Just move any personal data back into your individual 1Password account vault, and move any "work" items into the 1Password Business account vault(s).

• walterbriggs
    walterbriggs
    Community Member

Ah... that makes sense. That didn't occur to me because I own the company, but I will follow that advice. Thank you!

• Even as the owner of the company it likely makes sense to have some separation between work & personal in this regard. :) :+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As an example, it might be beneficial to have a plan in place where someone else at the company can take over for you if you're incapacitated...but you probably wouldn't want your personal stuff there in that case. :sweat:

• jakea
    jakea
    Community Member

Is "Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items" still a thing? I'm on the mac version of 1password and don't see it.

• @jakea

I see it. What version of 1Password for Mac are you using?

Ben

• jakea
    jakea
    Community Member

Doh somehow I was running 6! Thanks.

I accidentally imported my passwords twice (long story :blush: ). So I have lots of obvious duplicates (same exact data and timestamps). But it's not finding them as duplicates. What does 1password use to determine if an entry is a duplicate?

• @jakea

Doh somehow I was running 6! Thanks.

No problem. That would do it. :)

I accidentally imported my passwords twice (long story :blush: ). So I have lots of obvious duplicates (same exact data and timestamps). But it's not finding them as duplicates. What does 1password use to determine if an entry is a duplicate?

Oops. :( I'm not sure what the exact criteria for finding a duplicate is to be honest. Are these items in different vaults, or the same vault? Do they have the same tags on them?

Ben

• jakea
    jakea
    Community Member

Same vault, identical items with same everything as far I can tell.

But I've handled it by deleting the whole vault with duplicates and reimporting from my backup so I'm all set.

• I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution. Odd that the 'find duplicates' feature did not work as expected here. I'll make mention of that to QA so they can do some additional testing there. Thanks for the update!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.