User of Teams account not receiving updates to items

This discussion was created from comments split from: authentication error after 1Password update.

Comments

• garyf_dhc
    garyf_dhc
    Community Member

I have a user that is now also seeing this prompt, after updating to 1Password 7.2.5 (70205002), on macOS 10.14.3. No other changes have been made, and this has always been a 1Password for Teams member. I find no error notifications in the 1Password for Teams admin console, but even after having had this user remove the account from the 1Password Accounts list and re-adding using the direct Teams URL and his Secret Key, he is able to log in successfully, synchronize items, create items, get updates I make to items, but after EVERY unlock, he gets the error, "We're having trouble signing you into your account. Please make sure all your information is entered correctly below."

Oddly, behavior of the application does not seem to be affected by whether he provides credentials at this prompt or not. If he selects "Not Now" which is the only option available prior to entering information for Secret Key and Master Password, he is not prevented from making or getting changes to password items.

Please let me know if I should create a new Forum Post for this topic, rather than resurrect this thread from last year.

Thanks.

Gary

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@garyf_dhc: Is there "security" software that may be interfering with the connection? That will also prevent authentication, and get you that error. To be clear, without authenticating, 1Password can still be used; but it cannot sync any changes in either direction without a connection to the server.

• garyf_dhc
    garyf_dhc
    Community Member

@brenty No security software is in place on this person's system that should be blocking external traffic. I may have missed the KB article that specifies the hosts and ports involved in contacting the 1Password Teams servers, but I would expect that other users would have had problems as well if any of our firewall configurations were blocking this kind of traffic.

I'll double-check with the person involved to see if he has added any network changes for virtual machines to see if that might be interfering.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@garyf_dhc: It may not be software on the machine itself. Routers and overall network policies/restrictions are generally what comes into play in those environments. I guess the question I have is about this:

I have a user that is now also seeing this prompt, after updating to 1Password 7.2.5 (70205002), on macOS 10.14.3.

What version did the upgrade from?

I'm mostly thinking about this from a corporate-network perspective based on your comments, but as far as consumer stuff, things like Little Snitch and TripMode are fairly common culprits. Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.