Syncing problem

Options
hanumanbaba
hanumanbaba
Community Member

I added a login password on the 1Pwd App for on my Mac. It did not sync to 1Pwd.com or to 1Pwd on my IPhoneXS

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hanumanbaba!

If you are using iCloud to sync your data (as I can see in your message), your data will not go on 1Password.com because that's a separate system. In your case, any item you add will go to iCloud.

As for why this item is not syncing with your iPhone XS: can you please make sure that both your Mac and your iPhone are configured to save data inside the same vault? On your iPhone, you can check this inside the 1Password app under Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving.

On your Mac, you can check this in 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab > Vaults for Saving menu.

Do both devices show the same vault there?

• hanumanbaba
    hanumanbaba
    Community Member
    Options

Yes..they have the same vault for saving.
    But maybe it would be better fro me to to sync another way..so that the 1PWD.com site is included. How would I do that?

• hanumanbaba
    hanumanbaba
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused about the vaults. I ahve a primary vault and a personal vault. What is the difference?

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused about the vaults. I ahve a primary vault and a personal vault. What is the difference?

A primary vault is a vault that only exists on the local machine unless you sync it via another cloud service, the Personal vault is part of your 1Password account and thus syncs with 1Password.com

In case you did not conciously create the primary vault you probably do not need it. You should make sure that the contents in the primary vault are moved/copied over to the Personal vault. After that you can delete the primary vault on your computer.

Please make sure you know the Masterpassword to login on 1Password.com, since the App is locked with the Masterpassword of the primary vault and they are not necessarily the same. In case they are the same you will not notice a difference in unlocking the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hanumanbaba,

@peacekeeper is absolutely right - thank you!

I believe your Primary vault is causing all this. Is this by chance the one that is currently set for saving?

If you have a 1Password Membership, you can move your data from your Primary vault to your 1Password Private vault so that it syncs automatically, and it will also be visible on 1Password.com.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.