1P keeps asking me to update/create same software license

surfmonkey89
surfmonkey89
Community Member

1P keeps asking me if I'd like to Add New/Update Existing software license, even if I delete it completely from the app. Any idea how I can get it to stop?

1Password Version: 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@surfmonkey89: I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

Every time I log in to 1Password, I get this message. Retrobatch is an app, whose license I added to the Software Licenses area of 1Password. It doesn't matter what I choose from this dialog, or if I delete the entry altogether (including emptying the trash). I still get the message next time I log in.

• That's... interesting. :) I can't say I've seen anything quite like that before. We're reaching out to the fine folks over at Flying Meat who make Retrobatch to see if we can figure out what the source of this is.

Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully we can track this down soon.

Ben

• @surfmonkey89

We've spoken with Gus over at Flying Meat and admittedly we're still a bit confused as to what could be triggering this. To clarify: if you delete the item entirely from 1Password, do not add it back, and then lock and unlock 1Password for Mac... you get this message? Is that correct?

Can you think of anything that might be different about this particular Software License or how you added it to 1Password vs others?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ben

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

Yes, that’s what happens. If I delete it entirely, I still get the message. I even search for “Retrobatch” in the app to make sure that nothing shows up. But every time I unlock it I get the message. I only get this message on my iMac, ie when I unlock the app on iOS, I don’t get the error. It doesn’t have an iOS counterpart, but since I sync across multiple platforms I thought I’d add that piece of information.

I think I might have added it the first time via drag/drop, but I can’t say for sure. It was a year or so ago.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@surfmonkey89: Do you have a Retrobatch or 1Password file listed in your startup items in System Preferences? Have you tried restarting your Mac without checking the box to open the same apps/windows again?

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

I did a restart without checking the box to open the same apps/windows, and it appears that fixed it. If it comes up again, I'll update this thread. Thanks for the suggestion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @surfmonkey89,

On behalf of @brenty and @Ben, you are very welcome! I am happy to hear that they were able to clarify things for you. Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.