To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi I'm trying to sync from my macbook to my ipad. but I'm not sure what kind of account we have.

hughculver
hughculver
Community Member

I thought we had a team a/c but now I'm not sure. The goal is to sync my existing data onto all devices and to have my team have access. Do I need to upgrade for that?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Hi I'm trying to sync from my macbook to my ipad. but I'm not sure what kind of account we have.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hughculver: If you're using Dropbox to sync your data, you probably don't have an account. You will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

And if you'll be using it in a business setting, you should check out 1Password Business. That gives you all the tools you need to securely share vaults within your team, and also includes a 1Password Families membership for each person on your team, so that they can use 1Password for personal things too but keep it separate from their work stuff.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.