Why is the Chrome Extension so small on 1password7

I just upgraded from 1password4 to 1password7 becasue of the chrome update that broke 1password4's extension. I really don't like the default look of the new extension because it shows so few logins at a time. I have a 30 inch monitor and the extension only displays in the top 1/3 of the screen unlike before when it would show the full length of the screen. I have looked for a setting to increase the size of the window but I can't find one. Is there anyway to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Hello @declangalt,

I'm not aware of a setting so I will file an issue to see if we can do something more intelligent, something that takes account of the window size maybe.

Now there is one other possibility. At the moment you're using 1Password X but you could return to the companion extension, the one you were using with 1Password 4. The Chrome update didn't break the extension, the Chrome update meant 1Password 4 could no longer verify Chrome and so it refused the connection. With the companion extension it's 1Password 7 that provides the menu and while it won't dynamically change its size you can resize the interface so by default it takes up a whole vertical strip of your monitor. The companion extension would mean the loss of the inline menu though so there are trade-offs and it really comes down to which works best for you while we improve 1Password X.

ref: x/b5x#825

• cacrv
    cacrv
    Community Member

+1 for increasing the size of the extension window, especially the "Best Matches" search results.

The default size is so small that when searching, most of the search results have truncated names. This is not helpful because (as a sysadmin) I have a lot of logins for sites and they're named in a hierarchical fashion (e.g. "$company - $department - $team - ..." etc), so truncating the name means that I can only see the first part and they all look the same.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, @cacrv! I can see how having a bigger extension window would be beneficial in your case. :)

This discussion has been closed.