what is 1password mini? How do I close it for the upgrade?

Options
kabhill
kabhill
Community Member

Trying to upgrade from 1Password 6 to 7 and installation stops because it wants me to close 1Password Mini. Don't have it open and don't even know what this is. How do I complete installation of the new version? Don't remember how I set up syncing and cannot find where it states this. Help with this also???

1Password Version: 1Passowrd6
Extension Version: 6.8.8
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what is 1password mini? How do I close it for the upgrade?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kabhill - I'm sorry for the trouble. If that's the case, please Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then try your update again. This is a bug that was in earlier versions of 1Password 7, but should be solved by installing 7.2.x -- but you have to get there first. The next time you need to update, it shouldn't be a problem. Let us know how that goes for you. :)

• GHALSEL
    GHALSEL
    Community Member
    Options

But what is 1password mini? and do I need it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GHALSEL! Welcome to the forum!

1Password Mini is the 1Password app than runs in your menu bar at the top right of your Mac screen:

It allows you view and search your data without having to launch the full 1Password desktop application :) You can hide it if you want, but it's useful in certain cases so you might want to leave it up there if it doesn't bother you.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.