Legacy Mac support while updating to 1password 7 on Windows

firehawk12
firehawk12
Community Member

I have a bit of an odd question. I have an older Mac on El Capitan and I don't plan to upgrade 1password on that computer anymore (I only use it occasionally), but I am planning to upgrade to 1password 7 on my Windows computers (because of the Chrome issue).

I know that when I upgrade to 1password 7, it will remove my existing vault and upgrade it to a new opvn format... but is there a way to keep the old vault so that my Mac can access the old vault with an older version of 1password (even if it's not syncing with my Windows computers)? Or will I lose legacy access on Mac entirely when I update on Windows?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@firehawk12 - if you're planning to keep the data in sync between the older Mac and the newer PC I'm not sure why you wouldn't just convert your sync keychain to OPVault. A Mac running El Capitan can run 1Password 6 for Mac up through the final version (6.8.9), which is perfectly capable of using the OPVault format. If you're using Dropbox to sync - or even a local folder - you can use the steps at that link to convert your sync keychain to OPVault format which is what's required by 1Password 7 for Windows, then make sure all your devices sync with that OPVault instead of the older Agile Keychain, and you should be good to go.

• firehawk12
    firehawk12
    Community Member

Hi Lars, so 1Password 6 supports OPVault? That's good to know - I was afraid it didn't.

Thank you!

• It does indeed. :) OPVault was released in 2012, so even though it is our "newer" format, it has been around for some time now.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.