How to get my family license v4 to work in 1password 7?

makafre
makafre
Community Member

I have bought a family license at agilebits.com a few years ago and this week I upgraded to version 7 due to both, the Chrome issue, and the fact that the family license seems to be reusable (ref: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-windows/), but I am unable to put my license in the software. What have I missed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @makafre! Welcome to the forum! :)

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so your existing family license cannot be applied to it, it can only be applied to the version you purchased it for.

In your case I strongly recommend a 1Password Families account. In addition to password sharing, a Families account offers you a lot more features, which I believe your family will find useful in your day to day life. It has been a far more popular choice and from the feedback we get, people prefer the ease that having a 1Password membership comes with (when it comes to things like managing backups, syncing, multi-device management etc.).

Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family... The list goes on and on.

We also have a nice getting started guide for you, which shows you how to get up and running with 1Password Families.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

I hope this helps! Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.