To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I just signed up for a 1Password.com account within the app and all of my data has been overwritten

otsmeister
otsmeister
Community Member

I have been using the app for some time on iOS and more recently on Android. I was syncing to dropbox but new work protocols have left me unable to install dropbox on my new computer. So I have been storing passwords manually on my phone. To avoid this, I signed up for a 1Password account assuming it would retain my existing data. But it looks like all of the data has been overwritten with the new account.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I switched to 1Password.com and it deleted all of my existing data

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @otsmeister! Welcome to the forum! ;)

Can you please clarify what you mean by "all of the data has been overwritten with the new account"?

• otsmeister
    otsmeister
    Community Member

When I opened my main 1Password page after registering, all of my passwords had disappeared. The only remaining ones were the default examples.

• @otsmeister

Data has to be migrated from your existing setup to the membership account. We have a guide on this here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Since you've already created an account you can skip that step at the top of the guide. :) Does that help?

Ben

• otsmeister
    otsmeister
    Community Member

I've looked at this data migration. But unfortunately I signed up within the app itself. And then when I went back to the passwords screen of the app, all I could see was the defaults. Given that the information is no longer there I can't copy ad paste elements as the guide suggests.

• otsmeister
    otsmeister
    Community Member

Just wanted to see if there was another file location I was missing and if not to flag it as a potential issue for users migrating to 1Password.com

• I can't say I've ever heard of anything like that, @otsmeister. Could you please make sure you're looking at All Vaults in the vault switcher (top left corner of the app, at least on iOS)?

If you're still having trouble I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102163/
    • Your forum username: otsmeister

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!
    Ben

• otsmeister
    otsmeister
    Community Member

I managed to resolve this. Turns out that the file was still syncing to my dropbox in the background, so I was able to access dropbox via the web and then reimport that file (FYI I checked the vaults as well before and the files weren't hiding in another vault). Have since successfully transitioned to 1Passowrd.com with all files intact. Just wanted to flag this as a possible issue. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@otsmeister

I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate it!
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day! :)

This discussion has been closed.