Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new computer, no access

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @roysteinberg

My apologies; we do not offer customer service / technical support via telephone, but I'm confident we can get this problem sorted out for you here. I see you also emailed us, but now that we have a dialogue established here I'm going to close that in order to avoid duplicating efforts.

Do you have a 1Password subscription membership? The reason I ask is because the Secret Key is something unique to membership. If you don't have a subscription then you wouldn't have a Secret Key. In that case it is likely that you've been using 1Password "standalone" via a license purchase. Please take a moment to review what exactly it was that you purchased.

1Password 7 for Mac requires either a new license purchase or a 1Password membership. A license for an earlier version of 1Password would not apply. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

1Password 6 for Mac, which may be what you're licensed for, has been retired and will no longer be updated. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser. If you'd like to revert to v6 instructions can be found here, but that should be considered a temporary measure. When using 1Password without a membership you're responsible for your own sync solution. We do not store your encrypted data. As such you'd need to set something up in order to sync the data from the old computer to the new:

Sync your 1Password data

The best way forward is going to be 1Password membership, which gets you access to the latest versions for all of your compatible devices. It also handles sync, so adding or replacing a device is as simple as signing into your 1Password account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.