Why is this a "terrible" password?

Options
boberonicus
boberonicus
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Used the password generator to make a fabulous 20 character password but your password analysis system isn't impressed! Not a bid deal, but I thought it was interesting. This was a replacement for an eight character password that had a slightly better rating. But instead of updating the existing entry, a second 1password login item was created, so the old password probably isn't relevant. Anyway, tried closing and reopening the client and it didn't make a difference.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.14
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @boberonicus

Did you copy & paste the password into that field, or did the password generator put it there for you?

Ben

• notcygnus
    notcygnus
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue; I created a passwd outside of 1Password that should be at least good, if not excellent, but 1Password calls it 'Terrible'. A good password is a good password. Seems the password eval code broke over a year ago. When will this be fixed?

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
    AgileBits Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @notcygnus!

I’m sorry for the trouble. If your password is randomly generated and you know it’s strong, I would not worry what the rating is saying.
    Our generator flags it because we cannot tell what kind of generator did the initial generating. Since we didn’t generate it, we can’t as accurately measure it.

Therefore, I can not make any promises at this point, but I can see how this could be useful to you.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We really appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.