1Password 7 Extension for Safari and Chrome not working

Options
Bababooey94
Bababooey94
Community Member

Hi,

just installed 1Password 7 (and uninstalled 1Password 6) and the Safari-Extension from 1Password 7 (Version 7.2.5 in the Safari Extensions-Menu) is not working. When I click on the Extension on the left side of the URL-Bar, nothing happens (Old 1Password Extension is uninstalled). I'm using 1Password 7 (latest Version from the Mac App Store), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) and Safari 12.0.3.

By the way: The Chrome extension doesn't work either. The strange thing is, I'm using two User-Accounts on my Mac. In one User-Account (Root User) everything works fine with 1Password 7, in the other User Account (Standard User) the extension doesn't work.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password-Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @Bababooey94! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 from the Mac App Store requires a 1Password Membership to work and to unlock all features (including usage of the browser extensions). If you have a 1Password Membership, can you please make sure you have added it to the 1Password app already? Without doing this step, filling will be disabled, so I wonder if this could be why this is happening.

I hope this helps!

• Bababooey94
    Bababooey94
    Community Member
    Options

I have a Membership. Like I said: In one of my two Mac-Accounts the extension works perfectly fine, in the the other it strangley doesn‘t. Chrome Browser says it can‘t find 1Password-App at all. Already tried reinstalling the App, reboot my Mac etc. - no luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bababooey94, to avoid sharing your account information here, can you please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#YGP-89776-581]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Bababooey94 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: YGP-89776-581

• mickva
    mickva
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue in both Safari and FireFox ever since the upgrade to 7.2.5 last week.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mickva - I've answered this same question you posed in the other thread. Let's keep things in one place instead of trying to conduct the same conversation in multiple places at once, if that's OK with you. :)

This discussion has been closed.