Frequent crashing with 7.2.5

ChiliPalmer
ChiliPalmer
Community Member

My 1P is crashing at least once per day, when using the extension in Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) or Safari (Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5)).

To get it running again, I seem to have to restart my Mac, or go to the menu bar, open the floating window, choose the gear icon, and run Quit 1Password Completely and then relaunch the app and re-authenticate.

Quitting the browser doesn't work.

Help -> Troubleshooting -> Restart 1Password Extension Helper doesn't work.

Any idea of why I'm crashing so frequently?

1Password 7
Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.3 (18D109)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer: No, that definitely isn't normal. I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you tell me the steps you're taking which result in the crash? That may help us narrow dow the cause. Also, you say it's "crashing", but what exactly are you seeing? Have you sent us (not Apple) a crash report after restarting 1Password?

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

Just sent a crash report in.

I was trying to fill my pw in Chrome for Mac on americanexpress.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - thanks. What name did you use to send in the report, so we can more easily find it? I have an Amex account myself, and no such problems, which means it's not likely to be something wrong with the site or (in general) with 1Password's interaction with it.

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

I'm pretty sure I used Chili Palmer on it.

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

And no more crashes since I sent it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. If it does recur, try to grab a process sample while it's happening, and send it along with a diagnostics report to support+forum@agilebits.com. Otherwise, have a great rest of your week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

Just crashed again. I sent in a bug report with this thread number in it (102103).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - thanks! We received it, and looks like this is one we'll need to open a bug report for. In fact, we've just done that. Thanks for reporting, sorry for the trouble, and we hope to have that addressed in an upcoming update. Until then, hang on and thanks for your patience.

ref: apple-3291

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

Crashed again.

Annoying, but such a great product that I can deal until the update!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

OK - I was in pretty good shape for a while, but then I upgraded to 7.3, and it's crash-city.

When it crashes (generally, when I invoke 1P using the keystroke in Chrome) I cannot get the browser extensions to work again in ANY browser.

I've tried Help -> Troubleshooting -> Restart 1Password Extension Helper, but it seems to do nothing.

I cannot get the browser extensions to work again until I fully restart my Mac. Even restarting the browser won't do the trick.

Just to be clear on the behavior I experience, the keystroke does nothing in the browser, and if I click the icon in the toolbar, then I get a quick flash of the 1P app, and then nothing.

I've submitted a few bugs reports from this situation in the last few days.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - I'm sorry for the continued trouble. At this point, given it's still an issue for you, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac. Please make sure you do this immediately after you experience a crash of this type:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DQJ-96298-434]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @ChiliPalmer only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DQJ-96298-434

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

OK - will do once I can restart again easily.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - :) :+1:

• ChiliPalmer
    ChiliPalmer
    Community Member

Sent

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChiliPalmer - received, replied. Let's keep the conversation going via email at this point, instead of trying to carry it on in multiple venues. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.