Not receiving e-mail notifications for new answers anymore

tetardbleu
tetardbleu
Community Member

Hi,
since February 23, I'm not notified by e-mail when a subject I subscribed to receive a new answer. Not even in the spam folder. I didn't change anything on my side... Any idea ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tetardbleu: Can you be more specific about what you're doing, and how you have your notification preferences set?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/preferences/

It would also be good to check with your email provider, as it may be getting filtered before it even gets to you. Let me know what you find!

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

All the squared box are checked. My provider for the forum e-mail is outlook.com (well, hotmail.com that became outlook exactly) and until the end of February it was working great! I could use a different e-mail but I'd prefer not to...
    edit: as for what I'm doing, I click on the star at the head of a post that I want to follow, or I'm @ named somewhere, and then I get a notification on my profile AND an e-mail. Right now, I still get profile notifications but no e-mail... including for the answer you just wrote.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

All the squared box are checked. My provider for the forum e-mail is outlook.com (well, hotmail.com that became outlook exactly) and until the end of February it was working great! I could use a different e-mail but I'd prefer not to...

@tetardbleu: We've definitely had reports of issues with Hotmail and Outlook in the past, with forum notifications, support emails, and messages from 1Password.com regarding accounts. I'm not sure what's going on there. It might not be a bad idea to seek an alternative if there isn't a way to resolve that with them. It's just not something we have control over. :blush:

edit: as for what I'm doing, I click on the star at the head of a post that I want to follow, or I'm @ named somewhere, and then I get a notification on my profile AND an e-mail. Right now, I still get profile notifications but no e-mail... including for the answer you just wrote.

Gotcha! Confusingly, those are "Bookmarks" even though the icon is a star. Just wanted to make sure we were referring to the same thing. :)

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, I'm having this same issue. The email notifications were working great up until about a week ago. I have verified that they are definitely not going into junk and I have the made sure that the email address (forum@agilebits.com) the notifications are being sent from is in my address book. I too have an @outlook.com email address.

• That seems to be the common denominator based on the reports we've seen. I'll ask our operations team to take a look and see if there is anything we can do better on our end.

Thanks.

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben! Keep us posted.

• @KayJay and @tetardbleu

While we're investigating on our end could you please both try adding 1password.com and agilebits.com to this area of Outlook's settings?

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

@Ben, done and done. Just waiting to see what happens when you reply! :)

• @KayJay

Let's give it a whirl. :)

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

Sorry I'm late ! I just did that too, but given the fact that @KayJay didn't react yesterday, I'm guessing that's not enough to solve the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tetardbleu: Let's see. :)

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

Nope... nothing. sorry :'(

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hi @brenty and @Ben , sorry about the delay as I was out and about yesterday after my last response and was hoping that the email issue might have been resolved, but I'm still not receiving any email notifications from the forums.

• Thanks for the follow up on this folks. We'll continue to investigate. In the mean time the best I could suggest would be to use an alternate email address on the forum if notifications are important to you. At this point the only reports we've heard of this problem are from folks using Microsoft email accounts.

You can change your email address here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit

I'll update this thread when I know more.

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben

I'll keep an eye open for any new updates on this thread.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• We're reaching out to our forum provider, Vanilla Forums, who actually send these emails on our behalf, to see if they have any insight.

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

@Ben, thanks for the update. I'll check back to see how it's going.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise. :) :+1:

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

Hey @Ben and @brenty! I’m not sure if this has been resolved or not but I just received an email notification from another discussion that @Ben commented on.

• @KayJay

There were some changes made, but I'm not confident in saying the problem is resolved. We're still working with Vanilla on the issue.

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

That makes sense. I just wanted to provide the update that it seems to be working now, at least for me. I also received an email for you comment on this discussion as well.

• That is encouraging news. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ben

• KayJay
    KayJay
    Community Member

You’re welcome! Have a good one!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! :chuffed: :+1:

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

I received notifications too ! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yesss! That's great to hear. I think all is well now. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Hi

Add me to the list of not getting email notifications from the forums. I should have had received at least one notification in the last 30 days but I didn't get any since February/March 2019. I thought it was odd, but didn't anything of it until I found this discussion.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like people are getting them now, since some adjustments were made on the 3rd. Anyway, it's worth double-checking notification preferences to make sure they're setup as desired. Cheers! :)

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/preferences/

This discussion has been closed.