Live chat?

I need help migrating from 1Password 4 to my family account on a new computer. I have upgraded to 1Password 7, saved my logins in CSV format and can't delete a crap vault. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akasnara: Thanks for reaching out. We do not have a "chat" option, but we're happy to help here in the forums or via email -- at support@1password.com -- if you prefer that.

Can you clarify what you're trying to do? If you're just trying to upgrade from 1Password for Windows version 4 to version 7, you really don't need to export anything at all. You can import your existing vault into the new app from the setup screen. What format is the vault you've been using with 1Password 4?

• akasnara
    akasnara
    Community Member

I'm trying to transition my logins from 1Password 4 (desktop?) on my old laptop to my family account on my new laptop. I upgraded to 1Password 7 on my old laptop but am now stuck. I somehow have two vaults in my family account and the one I"m trying to delete has like 3,000+ login's that didn't transfer correctly and only show up as characters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akasnara: It sounds like you did some extra steps there with the CSV. Let's throw that out, as it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. Export formats are for moving to another app. 1Password can read it's own data right off the bat. :)

It sounds like you just need to delete the data you already imported, since it wasn't formatted correctly, and then go to the 1Password menu at the top of the main 1Password for Windows app, choose Import > AgileKeychain or OPVault Folder, and select the vault you were using in 1Password 4 to add its data to your 1Password account.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.