Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it. Cheers! :)

• sbronstein
    sbronstein
    Community Member

I am having this same issue, although it sometimes seems to stop working in chrome while still working in safari and/or firefox, and I can fix by restarting chrome. Chrome version 71.0.3578.98, MacOS 10.14.2.

I can send diagnostics but not sure if that is useful right now since I just rebooted or if I should wait until I have the issue again? And should I try to keep console open until I have the issue again?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I am having this same issue, although it sometimes seems to stop working in chrome while still working in safari and/or firefox, and I can fix by restarting chrome. Chrome version 71.0.3578.98, MacOS 10.14.2.

@sbronstein: That is, unfortunately, expected. A pending Chrome update invalidates its code signature, which breaks the connection to the extension. The only way to resolve that is to restart Chrome to complete the update.

I can send diagnostics but not sure if that is useful right now since I just rebooted or if I should wait until I have the issue again? And should I try to keep console open until I have the issue again?

A diagnostics report is a snapshot of when it's created, so it wouldn't help at this point. If you do encounter an issue which is not resolved by restarting though, definitely send one so we can take a look. Hopefully you won't encounter further trouble though. :)

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

@brenty,

I just updated to the latest beta version (1Password 7Version 7.2.5.BETA-1 (70205001) AgileBits Beta) and see the same behavior as indicated at the start of this thread.

I killed off both 1PasswordNativeMessageHost and 1Password 7 via a terminal window and things work as expected.

It would appear that in the update process, something goes wonky.

• @hubbend,

The fix for this should be in 7.2.6.BETA-0, can you let me know what you experience going from that version to 7.2.6.BETA-1?

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Will do.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Just go the notification that 1Password 7 Version 7.2.6.BETA-1 (70206001) was available and I downloaded and installed it.

For my running Chrome browser this is the behavior I see after installation:

• Using the shortcut key the 1P mini window pops but does not have any suggestion for a password
    • Selecting the 1P mini icon from the icon bar does nothing
    • Using the contextual menu to select 1P does nothing

Starting up a new browser (Firefox, Brave), 1P works as expected.

From the main 1P app, I restarted the 1P extension helper. Chrome's behavior did not change.

I quit Chrome and restarted it. The behavior was the same.

I quit Chrome again, killed the lingering 1PasswordNativeMessageHost process and restarted Chrome.

Chrome is now behaving as expected.

• @hubbend,

Thanks for testing that, we'll be doing another beta and perform the same test to see if the outcome is different.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

I look forward to trying the next rev out :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Thanks so much for participating in the beta! :) :+1:

• neilio
    neilio
    Community Member

Still seeing this issue with the most recent beta, but this is using the latest Canary build.

• @neilio,

This is correct, we have not yet shipped an update that resolves the issue.

• @hubbend,

7.3b0 will be out shortly, i believe that the version you have will still behave the same, but 7.3b0 -> 7.3b1 will be successful.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Thanks. I noticed that 7.3b0 install today still has the same bad behavior. I look forward to 7.3b1.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

Hello @rudy ,

Well, with the kerfluffle of auto-fill issues, I just downloaded 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-2 (70300002). I am not sure if this has the expected fix we were looking for in 7.3b1 to solve the issue in this thread but I am still getting the same behavior - running chrome browser cannot use 1Password after the update. The shortcut key pops the mini window telling me to install the extension which is installed or I couldn't have brought up the window :-).

Restarting Chrome gets me back to being able to use 1Password.

• @hubbend,

We're up to 7.3.BETA-2, and will be doing a 7.3.BETA-3 later today with some of the keyboard command and UI requests in the forums so far; all of these releases should now have the changes necessary to do the right thing with regards to the browser extension when the update occurs.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

7.3b2 doesn't as I mentioned. I will wait for 7.3b3. Is there anything that I can do wrt gathering debug info if I still see the problem on b3?

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

7.3.BETA-3 still has the same issue. The running Chrome instance still has the same issue that it cannot see/use 1Password. Using the context menu or icon within Chrome to get 1Password does nothing. The shortcut keystroke brings up the mini window telling me to download the extension.

If I quit chrome and kill 1Password and the 1Password Helper and then restart Chrome, things work as expected.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @hubbend,

Agreed, beta 3 doesn't solve the problem.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Just updated to 7.3-BETA4 and this issue still exists.

• @hubbend,

Yup, any release prior to the fix is going to have the issue. You won't notice its fixed until you go the version after that version.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

I upgraded today to 7.3-BETA5. After the upgrade, I still get the install the extension in the mini browser. But, this time, I only needed to kill the 1PasswordNativeMessageHost process and not everything 1Password related. So, a little bit of progress.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Upgraded just now to 7.3-BETA6. Same behavior. I had to kill the 1PasswordNativeMessageHost process to allow my already running Chrome browser to be able to use the new 1Password.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@rudy,

Upgraded just now to 7.3-BETA7. Same behavior.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @hubbend

I concur with your comment.

• Thanks all. We're working in and around this code this week so we'll see what we can do to get it sorted out.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni

Noted with thanks.

• Good morning, folks! Beta 8, which went out yesterday, contains a potential fix for this problem. We won’t know until beta 9 if that’s the case, though. Beta 9 should be out by the end of the day today.

• hubbend
    hubbend
    Community Member

@MrRooni.

When I installed BETA8 yesterday, the issue still existed.

This discussion has been closed.