Feature Request: progress indicator for long-running operations

plambert
plambert
Community Member

I created a new vault called 'Duplicates', and used the Tools menu entry to tag duplicates. Then I selected all the entries with the "duplicate item" tag and moved them to the Duplicates vault.

There were more than 800 items, so it's taking a while. While I have faith it'll complete, not only is there no indication that 1Password is busy, but the UI is still responsive--I can change which entry is selected, etc. However, the actual display doesn't update. So switching from A to B shows B selected in the list pane, but still shows A in the detail pane.

While ideally a long-running operation would be entirely in the background, with maybe a progress pane added to the top or bottom of the display, I realize that's a lot of work to accomplish. At the least a modal drop-down with a progress indicator would be a big improvement because it would give me immediate indication that it's working, and I can't do other things until it completes.

Thanks for considering this!

Paul

1Password Version: 7.2 (latest)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password Family Account & Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @plambert

That is definitely an interesting idea. One other example I can think of where this might be helpful is when uploading items in the Documents category. I'll pass the feedback along to the development team for their consideration. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.