I cannot sync my iOS devices to my Mac 1Password 7

Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Community Member

I have 1Password 7.2.5 on my Mac and my iPad and iPhone are up to date also. I have entered login data on my iPad and it syncs automatically to my iPhone. However, the Mac app never updates. All devices are using the same vault. What do I do to get the Mac updated or to sync?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jabberwock!

I’m sorry for the trouble. As a first step, can you please let me know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps in this article already?

It would also be helpful if you could also let me know if items created on the Mac sync to your iPhone and iPad, or if the issue is only in the other direction.

Thank you :)

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Hi,
    If I create passwords on the Mac they do show up on the iDevices!! I just checked.

I’ve done all the steps except for step 5.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jabberwock - there are only a few reasons why data synced via iCloud wouldn't show up on all devices. One is a corrupted sync file, another is that you might be signed in using two different Apple IDs on the different devices. A third is that you aren't really using iCloud sync on all devices (perhaps one device isn't set to sync, or is using a different method). If you're certain you're using the same sync method everywhere (iCloud) and you're using the same Apple ID everywhere, then go ahead and proceed with Step 5. Don't forget to DISABLE SYNC on each device before you reset your iCloud sync data. Then go ahead, and try re-setting up your sync.

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Where can I see if my mac 1PW7 is using iCloud?

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Ok I think I see the problem but I don’t know how to fix it.

My iPad and iPhone are using a password that is the same. The Mac and online version are using a different password. All are using the same email address. And it seems all have the same secret code number.

I’m clearly doing something wrong that I cannot get them all on the same thing. Ideally I would like the Mac to conform to the iPad and iPhone.

Any ideas or instructions?

• @Jabberwock,

By the "online version" do you mean https://my.1password.com/ ? If so you aren't using iCloud at all with regard to 1Password. Your sync type would be "1Password.com," rather than iCloud. :) It sounds like the iPhone and iPad likely have a vault called "Primary" on them. If you open 1Password > Settings > Vaults on those devices do you see that? The Primary vault is not part of your 1Password membership. The items in it should be moved to the Personal vault, and then the Primary vault should be deleted.

Ben

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Ok I will work on the primary move to personal vault.

And yes I mean the my.1password.com. But the iPhone and iPad both say I sync to iCloud.

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Alright, I deleted the Primary account on all devices. That solved the problem. Thank you all for your help!

• But the iPhone and iPad both say I sync to iCloud.

Okay, yep, that would be for the Primary vault, which is what is currently throwing a wrench in the gears. :)

Ok I will work on the primary move to personal vault.

Perfect. Once you've got that done and you can see all of your data on https://my.1password.com you'll want to delete the Primary vault from each device:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

I’m done. See above. Everything is working fine. All issues are resolved. Thank you.

• Awesome! Glad to hear that worked out. I take it you're able to view your data from all devices now, and they all unlock using the same Master Password? If so, :+1:

Ben

• Jabberwock
    Jabberwock
    Community Member

Yep. I can see everything from all devices and they all use the same password. I’m happy.

• Excellent. Thank you for the update. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.